Applications for the 2023 intake of QCCC Discipleship Internships are closing at the end of October.
Applications for the full-time CAMPFIRE Discipleship Internships are for the Mapleton and Tamborine sites, with successful applicants set to commence in early 2023. The two-year CAMPFIRE Discipleship Internship is a great opportunity for school leavers to:
- obtain training and a nationally accredited qualification in outdoor education,
- gain real world industry experience with Queensland’s largest provider of group camps,
- grow in spiritual formation through Christian discipleship and mentoring, thus discovering the value of integrating faith and work,
- live on-site and build life-long friendships.
Many of the interns who have completed their internship have gone on to secure permanent positions with QCCC or in the wider industry.
The nationally accredited training involved in the CAMPFIRE program is delivered through Malyon Vocational Training and will result in the Intern obtaining a Certificate III in Outdoor Leadership Training.
Application for the internship is open to everyone and a rigorous selection and interview process will be carried out before places are offered. The internship program will also have a strong focus on themes of reconciliation, country and community and therefore Aboriginal Christians are particularly encouraged to apply.
For more information here are some relevant links:
- CAMPFIRE Discipleship program Prospectus (includes extensive details on the program)
- CAMPFIRE Discipleship Internship webpage
Interested in applying?
Contact Chris Erb (CAMPFIRE Internship Trainer) for more info or an application form email@example.com
For a list of other employment opportunities available across QCCC’s sites, please head to https://www.qccc.org.au/work-for-us/